Friday, 9 February 2007

The story of the Trolley...

I went shopping today with my mum, dad and older sister.
We go shopping every Thursday. Kinda like a family thing.
Anyway, i unpacked all the groceries into the boot of the car and went to return the trolley to the trolley bay. I looked around and couldn't see the nearest bay, so i paused for a second and thought about ditching the trolley in a vacant car spot.

I don't know why, but i didn't. I proceeded to wheel the damned thing all the way to the front of the store where a few other lone trolleys had accumulated. I didn't think anything of it. However, later i was sitting on the couch with my mother, when she grabbed my hand and said "Its good to be here talking with you" I asked her what was going on in her head.
She told me that her and dad watched me return the trolley, and that they were both really proud of me, because the 'old' me would have just left it in the nearest resting spot.

I laughed and shrugged the whole thing off. But now that i have had time to think about it, I'm also proud of me too. Because a simple act of going a few extra metres with a trolley makes two points stand out to me... number one being that I'm being responsible in returning the trolley to its rightful place. Number two (and the more important point i think) Is that it shows me how far i have come in the last couple of months.

If you guys knew me, if you knew what i was like, you would see the huge changes that have happened within me. Not just physical changes, not just changes to do with dieting, but also emotional and mental changes as well. I no longer suffer panic attacks. I no longer care about what other people think of me. I no longer want to lie around and watch life pass me by. I want to be in it. I want to be involved. I CARE about me now.

Anyway, enough of the emotional hippy talk... ITS MAH BIRFDAY SOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!
sigh* sucks to be classed as late twenties now...
Still single, still don't own a house, still no babies, and still no white picket fences. But you know what? I don't give a shit. Cause i have everything i need for now.

2 comments:

The Candid Bandit said...

I TOTALLY get this.

My equivalent was parking a long distance from the shop. I would drive around and around and around til I got a park really close.

Congratulations for taking that step. It does show how your mind is changing.

Im glad your mum acknowledged it also.

What's happening for your birthday??????

Going out tonight?

I cant respond to sms messages but you can call home or mobile if it helps.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday for tomorrow Hun :D

Im really proud of you, your look fantastic :)