Monday, 28 May 2007

Bring me the world please!

Today i was in a beauty salon called synergie.
I was getting my eyelash extensions re freshed.
And as I'm sitting in the waiting room i pick up a magazine and read the front cover for any interesting stories that i might find inside.

"THE SECRET TO MAKING A MAN YOURS FOREVER" stood out like dogs balls in bright letters.
well being the desperately single woman that i am, i decided that ANY extra information is better than none, so i had a little read.

It was crapping on about 'THE SECRET' which is basically a hairy fairy new age latest craze that states that if you want it, you will get it... (ie: if i think I'm gorgeous and that a guy will be smitten with me, then he will. If i think negative and go 'I'm fat he wont like me' he wont.) Power of positive thinking.

Well me being the cynical little muffcake i am is sitting there going 'ok... obviously some stoned freak wrote this shit! I mean, if i keep thinking that my ex will get back with me and love me forever, doesn't mean its going to happen!! What about the fact that he is married now with kids and i don't talk to him any more??? Sorry but i just see that as ludicrous thinking.

Anywho, i am not the type of person to diss something unless i have tried it first... so for the next two weeks i am going to try this thing out. See how things go. Starting tomorrow I'm going to become a positive mogul... I will let ya know how events transpire my little chicken drummettes!
(check it out for yourself here....http://thesecret.tv/)

P.s... note to self... eating onion rings equals smelly farts!

2 comments:

cranky said...

GOD! I thought I had found a partner in hating SECRET crime, but ALAS! You are going to give it a try...sigh...

I wanna know what happens if you are all positive and happy and shiny, and a tsunami kills you. You know?

The Candid Bandit said...

The way I see it, 'Secret' or not, you are not happy with your life.

So what the hell can it hurt?