I couldn't sleep all last night.
Whats wrong with me!!!??? I cant get to sleep no matter how hard i try!
I just seem to be staying awake longer and longer.
Anyway here i was lying in bed at 7:30am tossing and turning when i suddenly thought bugger it, i will go and expel some energy at the gym.
So off i trundled to the gym. (after changing my mind several times first)
I hadn't been to the gym for around 3 months. Was just before my car accident. I don't know why i stopped going... I guess i just sorta got bored with it. And the more time that came between the last visit, the more daunting it seemed to go back. I don't know why, but i felt kinda scared. Like it was a looming grey cloud hanging over me. I felt negative about it and just didn't want to go.
Hardly anyone was in the gym, so i went at it straight away. It was like i never left. Once i got into it i was off and running. I did 30 mins weight training and 30 mins on the treadmill and bike. I even found that the speed i was previously doing was too slow. And my heart rate doesn't get as high as it used to (was 184, now it gets a max of 172)
I don't know why i was scared of going back. Nothing horrible happened. I guess for me the hard part is getting to the gym, cause the workout is piss easy for me... i love it! I'm thinking about going back later today! But hang on i don't wanna over do it... baby steps lil one.
So i will be going back to the gym on Friday morning. I figure Monday, Wednesday and Friday is a good start for now.
I took some naked photos of me infront of the mirror... God it was awful!
You don't realise how you actual look until you ACTUALLY do look at yourself. It was a real eye opener looking at those pics. I don't even wanna know how they would have looked when i was 24kilos heavier!
Why did i take the pics? Because i am at the second stage of my diet. The first stage was the easiest, I stuck to my guns and the weight came off rather fast. But now i am in the second stage, old temptations are resurfacing and weight is getting harder to loose. But I'm more active than i used to be, and a hell of a lot more motivated!
I have already achieved one goal by returning to the gym this year, i can make the others easy! these are the pics that i am going to look back on in half a years time and say "wow look what i accomplished". And accomplish them i will! I wont be a size 8 mind you. I don't think i ever will. Its just not in my makeup. I'm going to be happy with a goal of a size 16-18 for now... then maybe i will re-evaluate my goals.
Fitness junkie day number one... over and out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment