Wednesday, 31 January 2007

I see shaking in that egg!!!

lol those who have seen Dr doolittle two will undercunstumble what i mean by my opening line.
OMG! I'm like a grandma!!! (not in the human sense)
My baby boggles just had 3 gorgeous little fluffballs!
I wasn't expecting her to drop them for another 2 weeks, but i must have miscalculated cause last night while i was watching TV she started having contractions!
I brought her into my room so she could be with me and lay a blanket on the bed and just lay next to her talking to her and even singing softly to her while stroking her tummy. (She loves it when i sing to her)
She was in labour for 3 hours.
Finaly when i saw her sit up and start to push, i grabbed a drawer from my dresser, dumped the contents on the floor, chucked a towel and soft blanket in there and placed her in it. She wasn't sure what was going on, cause she tried to run off with a baby half hanging out of her! (first litter)
After straining for about 5 minutes, the first kitten popped out.
Then about half an hour later the second kitten popped out... literally!
It sounded like a cork being popped off the top of a champagne bottle.
They come out in a little bubble sac that pops and then the mother eats up the sac as well as the placenta. (each little kitten comes with its own placenta!)



I must have fell asleep (hadn't slept for 37 hours) but i woke up about 45 mins later and there was another little kitty in there!
I knew she was only going to have 3! 2 boys n 1 girl... psychic??



I'm happy that they are all healthy little munchkins, but i am a little disappointed because they were born with fur!!
Before you think I'm cuckoo, hear me out.
I breeded boggles with a Devon Rex. They are relatively hair free cats.
So i was hoping at least one of them would look like the dad.
(pictured here)

He has short curled hair in some places.
Maybe they will get hairless later? Oh well, at least they all turned out OK!
what more could one ask for?!

2 comments:

The Candid Bandit said...

They are gorgeous!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Congrats boggles :)